False Labor

Ohh this stinks.
I have been in false labor twice in the past 5 days and I am about to strangle someone.
FRiday was the worst with contractions and pain for over 8 hours, then, just when we were about to go to the hospital, the contractions dissapeared. All that for nothing.
Buisness as usual but with some serious nervousness because on Mon. my dr. said I was dilated to a 3.5. All I need is a 4-4.5 to be in labor. She said I could go at any moment and if I started having contractions, then I should hurry to the Hospital because I would probably have the baby quickly. So we were all on pins n' needles for the 2 last days but with almost no contractions.
Then yesterday around 7:30pm I started contractions and we all went for a walk to see if I could keep them going. I figured that if I was contracting for an hour (since I am so close) that we would head for the hospital after that. Well, I walked for a mile (1.5 hours) and didn't eat dinner because I was so ready to go. Bruce made dinner and got everything in the car, called a friend and my mom and off we go.
We get there and I am the same as MON. 
The contractions were not doing anything. 
They monitored me for an hour-no change
I walked the hospital halls for an hour in serious pain-no change
They monitored me again for another 30 min-no change.
The nurse gave me the option of staying to walk and be monitored again for another 1.5 hours and I said "Forget it!"
By now I am almost crying because it was hurting alot and nothing was happening. I was too tired and sore and frustrated and hungry to keep trying. 
I got dressed, ate, came home and Poor Bruce still has to go to work. 
The worst part is I'm still sore and still having contractions but there's not alot I can do about it.
Needless to say, I am trying really hard not to be upset about this but.....

1 comment:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Oh Elisa! I'm sooo sorry!!!!! I hope you can get somesleep and atleast rest up!!!! Love ya. I'm praying for you !!!