Food Storage



As you all know, I am a fanatic about food.
I like yummy, fresh and healthy. I am picky about what I eat because our health and daily issues, depends on it.
So here is my fact for the day. Something big is happening and we need to do something about it. Our prophet has asked us to grow a garden, build up our food storage and take care of our bodies by exercising and maintaining our health.

One reason why this is so important to me is because I have lived in a place, and in the circumstances, where everyone sees and understands and values what they put into their body and how it correlates with their quality of life. I also have strictly diet-based issues.
We take for granted our food and our health because of 'tasty foods', (that we believe are tasty, when they are actually cheap, flavored poison) regardless of how it might affect us. Just because food is cheap, doesn't mean it's doing us any favors.

I'm a little upset with the idea of literally being brought into bondage because I didn't see or alert anyone else to the dangers of not feeding ourselves properly.

There are 3 federal bills being brought to the Senate table about our food, safety and access.
If these 2 bills were passed, we would no longer have access to local, fresh food. That means pesticide-irradiated-fungus laden-antibiotic resistant (entire food chains); produce, meat and dairy and grains. OUR WHOLE FOOD SUPPLY and diet.
If one bill is passed we might get our access to raw milk back. Do you boil human breastmilk? Why would you boil any mothers' milk, unless it is going to sit out for days, but then why would you drink it?
Of course, no one is talking about these bills because it's not a big deal. Yet.
Just wait until you can't find lactose-free milk or non irradiated lettuce or non-contaminated food in general.
This is not a scare tactic, this is real and some lawmakers and food giant lobbyists are trying to take away our ability to nourish our bodies with foods that can help and heal us.

If all our food was processed, refined, enriched and delivered (the only food available to purchase) to us; WE WOULD ALL have those diseases that we hear are so common; Diabetes, heart disease, and a myriad of other problems. Our bodies are not designed to digest these "foods" and the result is slow killer inflammation.

If I could, I would literally like to feed people those foods that could make them healthy.
But since I can't do that, I would like to plead with you, that you check or make food storage a priority, use it everyday in your cooking and incorporate fresh garden produce into your diet everyday.

Bruce was impressed to build up our food storage quickly and I'm pretty sure that everyone needs to think about it, because it has been mentioned by our church leaders, to the whole church.
I think I would like to redirect the purpose of this blog. I know I'm not a great cook but I am willing and ready to help people eat healthier.
By the way, there is lots of ways to eat well, yummy and healthy on a budget.
So if this post is too over the top for anyone, maybe you'll do a little research, dismiss me but keep it in the back of your mind.
I hope that you will see that we are not going out like that!

No comments: