food.

Maybe this was the wrong time to get off a processed food lifestyle. (holidays)
I probably should clarify; refined foods is much more of a health hazard. As is; High fructose corn syrup, any food colorants, artificial flavors or preservatives.
I recently had a Gluten free crust apple pie and it was smashing!
Halloween was tough. We threw away all the candy, after trying for 2 days to divvy it out (without gorging). WAsn't working.

I have a soapbox about food so I will leave it alone.

Anyway, We are hoping for some good news here in the next week or so and I will keep you posted.

LAst weeks dinners;
beans and rice (3 times)
whatever else I could scrounge up.
Halloween candy
apple pies

Yes, that's what we ate, and yes, that's why everyone here is on the verge is getting sick. NO MORE CANDY!

This weeks' dinners;
Ikea food
spaghetti (whole wheat noodles take longer to cook!)
White sauce veggie lasagna
red sauce chees veg lasagna
potato/brocolli cake, I need to figure out a protein for this meal.

We are going camping this weekend so I need to figure out some nonjunk food to take and make while camping; I am thinking pre-homemade burgers and veggie foils and fruit.

Pies have been on my mind for some time now but making the home-making the crust makes me want to poke my eyes out. I did buy a 6 inch pie and it was perfect. Not too much and everyone still got some pie! I might have to buy some 6 inch pie tins and give those for Christmas/Thanksgiving.

I still feel the need to do as much homemade gifts as I can so I am thinking about posting them on Yu-zen and maybe get some feedback?

Since I last wrote, Lilli started a new pre-k. I think she loves it!
Eva is still serious about homeschooling and so we are working towards that.

That's my news.

2 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

you can do it! homeschooling huh? why?

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I talked to bruce for a minute todayand he said you're homeschooling eva. good for you:) I had a thought on the processed foods thing...

maybe choose 2 things that you need to substitute--like flour and sugar...then start using what you really want for those two things...then after a few weeks, choose two more things to add. I had a friend that went organic and that's what they did starting with milk and meat. anyways, just a thought. hope you guys are doing good!