August



First day of school and I already love it. Of course, my kids haven't come home yet, but it will be okay! The kids had their last three days of vacation this week and we wanted to do something fun together.






So, I found an awesome article in "Texas Monthly" magazine about the top 25 water-swimming holes in Texas. Most of them were around Austin, but then I found the only one in Tarrant County!


So Bruce took Moday off to hang out with us (yay!) and We ended up going to a Spring-Fed lake in Fort Worth. We had a blast, Stayed there for 5 hours. It was a little pricey for me $12, but kids under 6 are free.



We rented a tube, and slid down the slides (Eva top)



Ethan went down this crazy tall slide 3 times, twice alone, once terrified, despite being held by his daddy.



Bruce swung on a trapeze a few timesI just just soaked it all in.... I tried to play with the kids but I guess jumping on the tube when you're sitting on it, is a lil' scary for some.


Oh, the best part?



Finding out 2 days later, that the "Pool" that we had visited/enjoyed so much was one of the first places where the bacteria 'Crypto' was detected and had an outbreak.



I don't know if we are lucky, foolish or blessed but we sure did have fun. Oh, by the way, I was very strict when it came to keeping the babies from 'messing' in the pool.



Have a great weekend!



August B-days in my family!


2 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

That looks like an AWESOME place!!! Don't you hate all the "freaky" stuff that could be in water-erg! Anyways, glad you guys had a blast and are healthy!

Jenny said...

Isn't it just crazy that Lily and David are 2? Oh, and have you ever tried Burger's Lake in FW? It's pretty fun too. I love swimmin' holes, there's something so Tom Sawyerish about them. Oh, and what happened on Bolivar's Island? You don't mean Crystal Island, do you? Because my sis-in-law in med school told me that that's where the most violence-related cases in the ER come from.