So unfortuneatly, I don't have any new pics. but I do have a funny story!
I went to Super Sat. (Aug 20) at church, where the women get together and make crafts all morning.
It was a slow, glorious 5 hours of no duties, I was totally relaxed and feeling rather energetic.
As I realized Bruce hadn't called me in a panic, I almost took off again! But Bruce caught me in the garage, trying to grab the keys.
Well, he was a little too preoccupied to notice my 5 hour absence so he avoided my eyes and said:
"Promise me you will still love me after you go inside"
Frankly, I was too relaxed to really think about what he was saying.
So I joked about leaving, and when he agreed too quickly that He didn't need me to help with the kids, I decided I had better check the damage.
I found a scene out of Malcolm in the Middle!
I walked in to see the ouside kitchen wall was completely gone!
There was nothing covering the gaping hole in the house and there was a huge pile of rubble on the porch.
After I took in the scene, I couldn't help it, I started laughing!
It was too funny: Mom leaves and Dad demolishes a room!
So I cheerfully asked if he needed help. He gets grumpier the more I laugh and I tell three of my friends, one of whom took pics.
By now, I realize I'm hurting his feelings and so I offer to help clean up.
It took me 2 hours to clean up all the rubble and I threw out some of the kids toys for good measure!
Bruce, being the conqueror he is, put in 1 set of french doors on sat. and finished the other set on Teus. night. It looks great.
We still need to finish out the whole wall and surrounding trim but I love it and the kids can open the door (and go outside)!
So, the moral is, some parents need nanny cams and don't start what you don't want to finish!
As soon as I can I will post the new kitchen pics.!
If you are checking out the blog, leave us a comment and maybe your email if you want to!

3 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

HOLY COW!!!

Hopewell Family said...

That's our son. We all know where Dillon gets it from

J D C and N said...

haha! I could see John doing something like that. He adamantly believes in the philosophy that it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I can't wait to see the new kitchen! Glad it went well.