Happy halloween! New template!

I hope everyone had a nice, safe Halloween!

We couldn't find the mask and cape to Dylan's outfit but oh well, he probably would have taken it off anyway. Lilli didn't really trick or treat, she just snuck up on Ethan and starting digging into his bucket. He was too busy eating too much candy to push her away. Maybe I'm a nerd, but I love homemade costumes.

This guy is actually an iron worker in real life so he wore his work outfit and clipped the kids on to drag them around and Dylan didn't like it, but Ethan did.


Eva, Ave and Sa!

Sorry, I didn't know how to tie the pretty kimono Nicolle gave me, plus I didn't have the right belt for it.

I just love this pumpkin (guy). Looks good enough to kiss/eat!


We had some of our friends come out to the trunk or treat.
Lilli wore a dress from Costa Rica. She doesn't quite pull off the hispanic look but it's ok cause some of my mom's family is from Holland.

Dyaln was suppoused to be a robot too but chickened out at the last minute and went with an easy costume, Batman.

Eva's authentic Spanish (flamenco) dress that my sister got for her.


Here is Ethan tirade of today, referring to me: "I work so hard to be nice to you and all of the sudden, you start getting cranky and start pouting and it is awful and mean of you." Sounds like me, doesn't he? Daddy, Ethan and Dylan at church.

Eva wore this to school.

Daddy's Halloween trick for Dylan. He lied to Dad and got a habanero-covered lollipop. You can't tell, but his eyes, mouth and chest are red. He ended up puking all over the floor. Dylan is not easily convinced of the benefits of obedience. So we are trying new methods of persuasion. I'm not sure if they are working either....
Newest pre-k friend! K. family!

Trick or treat? Daddy is very ticklish.

Bruce working on Ethan's costume.

3 comments:

nicolle said...

Great stuff!!! The Kimono looks nice on you, the real belts are a huge hassle anyway. I just want to point out a few things...Ethan's costume rocks! Very cool. Oh and in the picture of you kissing pumpkin man (does Bruce know about that?) the little girl on the left of the picture is presumably yawning but when I saw her (I zoomed in to see you and it was on her first) I spit my food all over the place laughing. Gross I know, but it was funny too. Also I agree with the homemade costumes thing, not to diss on the little girl in the storebought tink outfit but I liked my interpretation better:) Thank you for all of the pictures, so wonderful! Oh and is it just me or is Eva's dress orange and black? How perfect for Halloween. I wish there were more holidays a year where we could dress up. I just realized that we had a Nacho Libre mask that went unused. Dang it! Next year I guess.

Kelli said...

They are so cute! I love the costumes. Homemade is great, if you are up for it!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I love all the costumes! it looks like you guys had so much fun!!!!! Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how quickly they are growing up!