The good, bad and scary!




Well, to sum up a blessed week, here goes;
This week has mostly been trying to fit all these different things into our schedule.
On Monday night we got to assemble a gingerbread house, (upon eating said confection, I had a migraine for 2-3 days) but the kids loved it. We are planning to go see Interlochen in N? Arl. Anybody up for it?


Tuesday night we got to see my mom after almost 2 months of no contact. She had to go take care of my injured grandma in C.R. for 1.5 months.

Preschool was kinda a bust (4 alot of reasons) on Tuesday 11th but I think we will be changing the location and adding a day in Jan. so we are always hopeful!


This Picture was our busiest and funniest day yet (2 weeks ago)! 8 KIDS!


Wed. night we had a terrifying scare.


The boys had spent the night with my mom so I could get all of my appts. out of the way. Eva had a dentist appt. and I had 3 dr. appt. (chiropractor, blood work and accupuncturist) Lilli was also with me, so Eva was my psuedo babysitter for Lilli- Even tho' Lilli was better behaved than Eva.
Look closely, you can see the 2 little rings from the accupuncturist, if I push on them, (the inner one hurts) they help me fall asleep-insomnia!



So we finally went home around 6pm and since I was tired and sore from all the stuff we had done that day, I sat down to watch the news while Eva made some crafts at the table.

Next thing I know, Eva's screaming bloody murder and covering her eyes!

I run over and ask what's wrong and she's screaming that she poked her eye with the scissors she was using.

I'm trying not to freak out so I pry her left eye open to see the damage.

Her eye is red, swollen beyond belief but no blood, her eyelids are turned inside out and when I opened her eye to look at the pupil;


All I see is a black jelly rolling around on the bottom of her eye with the whites completely surrounding it.


I panicked because it looked like she had shaved off her cornea and I told her to shut her eye (and I tried to find my cell phone to call Bruce, but in a panic, nothing goes the way you want it to)


I even called 911 because I didn't know what to do. They were useless. I prayed like a maniac while we were racing to the ER. I really thought she might be blinded in her left eye.


I took her to MCA and they took her back and opened her left eye again to check the damage.


Nothing was wrong except for a few scratches on the top of her cornea, which was intact and in place.


When I saw her eye, I felt relieved and a little foolish.

Maybe I didn't see her actual cornea rolling around, but I know she could have pierced her cornea or even deeper.

But I can't help but think that no matter what I think I saw, she was blessed and possibly protected against blindness.

Anyway, we had to pay $100 for the visit and she is suppoused to use antibiotic drops for her eye, so It could have been much worse.

Today, while blessed with a babysitter, I was at the dentist for 2.5 hours and found out I need 7 fillings. Great. At least we have a new dentist (because my old dentist is a jerk and his staff was pretty friggin' mean).

But all in all, I know that we are blessed and protected every day, probably closer to every minute, so be thankful for the Lord's protection because we all need it!


I KNOW IT'S WIERD, but I think there can be beauty in chaos/mistakes. I barely touched this pot to catch it and it went flying and spinning and threw the beans about 15 feet a in cool pattern that I could not capture. Sorry that it's sideways!


9 comments:

Mubeen said...

Oh my goodness!!! So glad she is okay and you handled it very well!!! Hey, send me your email address so I can talk to you about your comment on my blog. My email is mubeenheaton@hotmail.com.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That beans picture is great! You really captured it from a great angle!
And just so you know, I apologize for not being at preschool...it has nothing to do with anything other than my tiredness. This past Monday, I got off work at 6am...so 9:30 came too soon! Sorry that Rhea wasn't there to cover my part, too!! I'll find out whats going on with that girl!!
Hope all is better in the Hopewell home!!
HUGS!!

Shannon said...

Wow! What a busy week, so glad that Eva is OK, wehn I read that I couldn't read fast enough and was freaking out a bit! Doesn't everything all seem to ahppen at the same time, a super slow uneventful week and then BAM a crazy topsy turvy week! Glad you made it through to tell the tale!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Wow!!! Glad that everyone is okay! Hopefully next week will be calmer!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

HOLY COW! What a week you've HAD!!!!! Glad everything is okay! Acupuncture? I don't think I'm brave enough! :)

Kelli said...

Ugh, eye injuries are so painful. Hope she recovers quickly.

nicolle said...

Don't run with scissors! Wait she wasn't running...Don't use scissors! Hmmm it seems that kids invent new ways to hurt themselves

elisa said...

Eva is fine, I think her scratches already healed.
I have to go back to the accupuncturist on Sat.
Those ear things had a tiny needle in them that hurt like crazy, but only trying to get them out. By the way, getting tiny needles tapped into your pores doesn't hurt. It's like being poked with a hair. At absolute most, you can barely feel it for a second.

Julie, Seb & Tedly said...

Scissors can be helpful but scary too. Seb cut open his chin about 4 yrs ago in preschool becuase he was not being Properly watched. I say that because he also burned the soles of his feet there because they let him run on the blacktop in 100 degree weather with NO shoes on. Anyway, He ended up with stitches but the truth of it is, I finally realized by this that I had been ignoring the spirit. Everytime I dropped him off there, I had the worst feeling for him, and was scared for him everytime I even heard a siren. So I am sooooo greatful because It could have been worse. After that he NEVER returned to that class. I am sooooo glad that Eva is okay and what a blessing for her eye to be able to heal.