Gas lease

We went yesterday to sign a gas lease. I still don't feel good about it.
I am telling you about it because.....
It might become an issue for you, if you live in North Texas.
There is a huge store of natural gas under 3 counties, in some rock found about 1-2 miles underneath our feet; it's called the Barnett Shale.
There are anywhere from 8-15 different companies trying to harvest this gas.
We are in the Barnett Shale, and as of a month ago, our neighborhood has been recieving $ offers for the right to run drills under our homes.
I again did some research and gas harvesting in urban areas is a relatively new practice.
So I AM A LITTLE WARY....
Anyway, I only wanted to sign the lease with one company and Bruce went and signed with the wrong one.
I kept my copy of the lease and we are thinking of moving because I don't want to be anywhere near where they are drilling.
Oh yeah, if you care and get a chance, write to the mayor and ask him to make sure the drill wastewater is Properly and safely recycled and disposed of.
The hired thugs (not really, they were just really ignorant) the drilling company had hired to help people, were trying to convince me that it is safe, that the wastewater from the drilling was not going to stay in the ground, that it was going to be vaccumed out and trucked off to some remote location.
Ok.
I told the lady that I wanted to put my own clause in the lease but she said I couldn't. I KNOW that Bruce has done it before.
She also told me that it was possible for the lease to be changed, after I had already signed it. What?!
So as you can tell, I'm not excited about this and while I have had my vaccine rant for the month, I wanted to post this in case you might be hearing about it or thinking about it.
Be careful!

No comments: