Anyone bored yet?


Am I posting too much?
Okay, if you are checking my blog, I would really love it if you left a comment.
Mostly to know that we can be in communication. Please! Extended Utah family and all friends!

So on Wed. Bruce won some Dallas Stars Hockey tickets, free. We had a friend babysit and as we rolled up to the American Airlines Center, all I could think was "Wow".
It kind of redefined 'Excess' for me.
Yeah, the game was fun and quite exciting but it was crazy how much advertising was going on.
Even Bruce, my capitalistic conservative was overwhelmed and proceeded to complain loudly amidst the fans. Yeah, we got some 'looks'. Very interesting.
We had a fun time, even got a free dinner, but on our way home it was funny how we actually started debating about how that area got 'revamped' .
The whole area is really beautiful and expensive but you can tell that it was not an affordable place to live or to go to.
Bruce started telling me how they tore down alot of projects and stuff to build up that whole area. Argghh. Let's not get into that.
Needless to say, I somehow found a link to the new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Arlington and some negative aspects to it. Bottom of this paragraph.
I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF COWBOYS FANS, not trying to diss them or the Cowboys.
It just makes me wonder what is going to happen to Arlington and how and why we are funding this project, instead of being paid to host the whole thing.
Of course, I know I don't get all the politics and reasoning,
but I keep telling Bruce "This stadium better be good for Arlington....".
http://durangotexas.com/eyesontexas/arlington/dallascowboystadium/dallascowboystadiumarlington.htm
ON this same site is an article about all the urban gas drilling going on in Tarrant County. There is supposed to be a protest soon, anyone want to go?
I get really frustrated when I see people being shafted and taken advantage of because a few politicians and investors want a cut of the pie. I really worry about the future of Tarrant County. Maybe I shouldn't, but dang, how can you justify hurting millions of people so that a select few will benefit?
By the way, so far I like baseball games the best. Still need to see a basketball, soccer and football game, live to make a fair decision!
I'd like to mention that we have never paid for a sporting event. Free tickets from work. I don't know that we could ever afford it.

And now I would like to hear from anyone who has anything to say about this, bring it on!

6 comments:

Mubeen said...

Hi Elisa!!!! Bruce gave me your blog site! Can't wait to read it all! Here is ours: www.mucaheaton.blogspot.com
Hope all is well and hope to hear from you!!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

haha.well, i guess the only thing to say is that unfortunately, this is why we HAVE to vote...and be involved...because in order for these "things" to be built, they have to get a certain vote in the population. so...the majority of tarrent county voted on it...erg. Anyways, I'm glad you got to go the hockey game! I LOVE them!!! (though I've only been to one Stars game for my b-day).

nicolle said...

That is something we noticed in Dallas...Most of the businesses on our street in Carrollton were abandoned, but just down the road there were all of these brand new shopping centers. Instead of trying to fix anything they would just move down the road and build new ones. It drove us a bit crazy, seemed like a huge waste.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

oh..i was going to tell you--you're NOT posting too much!!! Have to noticed how i'm nearly every day...yes, I'm a loser...haha.n'

J D C and N said...

I totally understand your qualm about the stadium...I remember hearing about it during the planning stage and how it would be so wonderful. If I were you I wouldn't be so happy about funding it with my tax money and not ever really being able to use it. Sooo...that's why you should really just move near us. :) hehe

Durango said...

Howdy, I was looking at my webstats and saw a link from your blog to that little thing I did complaining about the new Cowboy Stadium. Since the start of the new year I've finally gotten around to the blogging thing and I've done even more whining about that subject in the blog. You can find the blog links all over my Eyes on Texas website. (www.durangotexas.com Or just go here www.durangotexas.blogspot.com As for the protest over that planned drilling by the Trinity Trees, the protest occurred some time back. And in the past month or so the drilling in that area has begun.