Break the Fast!






click on lilli's eye. No goop!


My babies!



Bruce caught them doing this. Too cute!










Our stake confererence is this coming Sunday and so our ward had our fast and testimony meeting yesterday. It was great, I have to say my favorite part was when my Bruce got up to bear his testimony. He told this story and then bore his testimony about knowing that God hears and answers our prayers.




Does anyone remember that Bruce wanted to quit his job to run his bizness full time? Well after much praying and 2 trips to the temple, we got our answer. He shouldn't quit just yet and should finish school. So he didn't and believe me, he wasn't happy about it.



But things have changed so much at work that it almost seems like a different job, he is even commuting a little, which strangely enough I think he likes, cause it gives him time to unwind.



He is also starting his last 2 classes and is excited about being done.




My point is, when you do God's will, even if you don't understand, your life will be blessed and in ways you can't fathom. I say that because I know how hard it was for Bruce to NOT quit and now he's happier and is on track for what needs to be done for this family. I say it because Yesterday we were fasting for 2 things and I wish we had fasted for a third.



It's funny, my R.S. prez came up to me and we talked about VT and I basically came away with the knowledge that instead of trying to be everybody's best friends, I should try to be their VT because alot of times, that's what they need. Someone who cares about them, someone who will help them when they need it, and someone to give them a spiritual message. See, I wasn't doing that. I thought it was fake to just show up, give a message and take off. So I thought I would do everything I could for them.



I have to say, almost every time, I wouldn't be able to do anything for them. Maybe it was too much. Yesterday, in RS our lesson was about choosing the better thing instead of the good things. Somehow I thought that my way is the best way, when maybe it isn't. Especially when I try to embellish the things that have been simplified for our good.



Anyway, I asked Bruce about his testimony and I was delighted to get the full version.



Then we went a ward break-the-fast and Bruce left to go hometeaching and when I went to get seconds, I dropped a bowl of salsa on the floor that exploded all over me and this lady's kitchen.




Salsa got on my face, glasses, hair, shirt, skirt, shoes and in between my toes. It was great. Then I tried to clean it up at the feet of a crowd of onlookers. Tip; don't stare, or point out messes, Help.



So I left in a hurry and wasn't very gracious because I just wanted to dissapear. Surprisingly enough, my kids were really well behaved, especially considering the circumstances.



So I don't think I will go to that anymore. (As everyone breathes a sigh of relief).




Maybe I'll have a South Side Break-the-fast. Is that Overkill? I just noticed that noone from south side was there. Anyone would be welcome! Let me know if that sounds like a plan!




By the way, I think some people are horrified that I divulge so much about my akward little moments. You shouldn't be. If I wanted to be fake-perfect, you'd see right through it, cause I'm a bad liar.



The latest news is that I would like to pray for our families, because if we don't, who will? I have a few people in mind, and maybe you do too! Oh yeah, last week, Lilli's goopy eye finally cleared up. No medicine! Ha!

These are from this weekend;


We went to the only Free fall festival around cuz, you know....


It was at a church and it was ok for what we spent; When we got there, a guy was talking about absolution of guilt. It was a little wierd, until the band started to play. We played games and stuff, people smiled at us and most importantly, we were not converted.





























6 comments:

nicolle said...

I have to agree with you about doing God's will even if it isn't what you want to do. But I shouldn't be saying it because it was what I wanted to do too. But if you ask Rob he would say (and has said a couple times lately without my coaxing) that things are not only looking up but that they are great. I love you, yay for salsa in your toes:) Let's see what is one of my latest awkward moments...showing up to class with my blouse unbuttoned (I had fed the baby before I left) and having Karla and a cousin come to my house to babysit and it was a HUGE mess. Plus I haven't picked up the clothes in the bathroom today so there are bras and such lovelies in there and we hosted FHE tonight and people had to come in to the bathroom to wash the pumpkins so they saw our bathroom and all it's glory. Oh well, prepares them for real life:)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

TY for that tidbit on visiting teaching, I really needed it. I have had a hard time with mine, too, in this new ward. Mainly b/c I don't have a partner for support! So, its just me and my kids....trying to bring the spirit into my ladies' homes!

elisa said...

Sarah, I know about the kids and VT. many a time, I have had my vt ladies come over to my house so I can visit-teach them while the kids play. Like I said, my problem is needing to simplify. I guess I thought I had a better way. Not so much! Partners are great for support. I have a good partner, just not the same schedule. I love how God does his work in 2's. Missionaries, parents, etc.

Mubeen said...

Loved this post! Also, sorry about your salsa mishap! Sounds like me!!! We should get together soon! I'd love it!

Shannon said...

LOL about the salsa Elisa, if it was the person's house which I think it was then I feel your pain (sorry we weren't there to help you clean up!) :( We don't go anymore either, b/c I am too good at making a fool of myself, and i am not too good at hiding my opinions!

Mackenzie. said...

Oh my gosh I love your kids so much.
They make me laugh and smile... and I love seeing pictures of them and hearing stories about them.