Visiting teaching! and other random info.

Have I mentioned that Ethan, yes, ETHAN loves to cook? He actually snuggled up to me yesterday and said "Mommy, can we go to the store and buy some ingredients so you and me can make a yummy dessert?" So last night, Bruce walks in the door an hour late, with a new bike for Ethan, a scooter and four good sized pumpkins. Man, he must know that if he's gonna be late, he better be bringing home some goods. I would personally rather have him home on time, empty-handed, but his method works too. He offered to stay with the kids so I could have some chillax-time, but I freaked out cause I thought he didn't invite me to the family event of the evening. Needless to say, he told me to calm down.
Man, just tell me when I'm acting crazy.

I didn't take Ethan shopping, but we all had a chilly picnic at night in the church parking lot, in the back of Bruce's truck and the kids rode their bikes in the parking lot (with no other cars).
Bruce broke a rib when he flew off the insanely dangerous second-hand scooter, that he just bought before coming home from work. He went to the doctor this morning and he is ok, just pulled some muscles.

Crazy!

I have no new pictures so here are some old ones.
Hanging out with the Hopewell grandparents.

Dylan's birthday present.



I need some inspiring stories on Visiting teaching. I am about to give up on myself for lack of worthy service to Him and my poor sisters. It would probably help to get some priesthood guidance on the whole vision of visiting teaching. Anyone need a good partner for some 'nice' sisters?
Sorry I'm not at liberty to discuss my issues about visiting teaching. But feel free to discuss that it actually works for some women.
Referencing the previous mention of hormonal, tired craziness; I hope no one wants to lynch me for saying this, but as I have extensively researched and experimented with this method, I am confident that:


NAPPING MAKES YOU TIRED AND CRANKY. THE MORE YOU NAP, THE WORSE IT GETS.

As I said, I have proven this theory for the past 7 years and have arrived at the conclusion that I can't nap for more than 15 min.

Please do not yell at me if you see me spacing out or dozing off
at some random moment (On the phone or talking to you or walking around),
just tell me to wake up.
Like I said, I have proven the theory, but I have not mastered the art of staying awake all throughout the day. I will continue to try to be less irritating to the general public, but in the meantime, please bear with me as I try to battle my psuedo-narcolepsy.

Please note that I would rather strangle someone than miss out on my beloved Sleepy time,

BUT I am sure that 6-8 hours of straight sleep at night is much better

than my aforementioned ongoing experiment of 4, 2, and 1/2 hours naps at ERRATIC times during the 24 hour day. Hence the name, Erratic Elisa.



Our garden, '07 early summer.

The Grish family. I wish I had gotten a good picture with Seb and Julie!

6 comments:

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Love the post. Thanks for all the advice on the kids. Unfortunately, Tally won't eat or drink anything but Chocolate Milk-erg! Darn 2 year old that's able to voice her opinion! haha. Oh, I was going to tell you to take Iron pills! That helps too(with energy and staying awake)...but I understand the no sleeping at night with kids and such.

Kelli said...

That sounds like so much fun in the church parking lot. We may have to try that. Hang in there, I hope it gets better. And naps are so hard, you never know if you are going to wake up totally refreshed, or acting like a crazy person. That's why it's a mixed blessing Ewan quit taking them, and consequently, me. I'm cheerier now! Go figure.

nicolle said...

It does make you sleepier sometimes, I haven't been taking any naps lately and it is 12:31 am and I am still awake, but tomorrow morning i will be pretty cranky...I hate to think that you think of yourself as crazy or whatever, I love you so much, I have known you my whole life and admire you so much, don't talk down about yourself. It hurts.

elisa said...

Nicolle, What hurts? My head or your heart? I wasn't trying to down myself, I was trying to be funny. Oh well. I'm not crazy, just erratic, eccentric, erroneous....
I like Tylenol PM but I'm afraid to take it because I might get dependant, like I am with 'malcolm in the middle'. I watch it to calm down and fall asleep. Takes a couple hours.
Jess, sorry about Tally. Taking care of sick kids is always a counterintuitive thing. They want all the things that will make them or others sick, while you try to make them better. Hang in there!

Mackenzie. said...

haha ethan is so adorable.
he was so good the other day...
and he crawled into bed and was like, "mack...when you wake up, will you come snuggle with me and watch tv with me.. when lita leaves." or something along those lines and it was so precious... that i just had to wake up then.

J D C and N said...

Hey Elisa...fun posting! I wish I could just fall asleep and take a nap during the day! I've never been fortunate to be able to nap really at all- not even on car or plane rides.

As for visiting teaching- don't give up! I actually REALLY love visiting teaching. I visit two inactive sisters in our ward and one active one and I am happy to say that I have become really good friends with all of them. If you are struggling with it try looking at it as making friendships. And seriously, just make yourself do it! The easiest way to gain an appreciation/testimony of something is to just plain get up and do it. Just be a friend. You're good at that. :) (Sorry if I'm being too pushy!)