Krause Springs!


I have tons more pics, but I am done for today!

This is the 2nd of 2 river rock slide/pools. Lots of fun!


Finally found Bruce after we walked up to the grotto! I gave Dylan a walking stick, he used it faithfully, but it was more of a hinderance than help.





We wandered around here for an hour! Trying to manuver around the rocks and tree roots was interesting!


























It was a small fall, but it was perfect for the kids to get right up to and under the water if they wanted to. It was refreshingly cold!










It couldn't have been more than 1/2 mile hike but I think it took us 2 hours to get through the little swamp/ waterfall area. There are 2 waterfalls! It was so fun, I'm sure it seemed very exciting and possibly dangerous to these 2, but they loved it! Dylan and Eva were so funny!









I was pretty cranky in the morning (7am) and sore all over, so after Poor Bruce made us breakfast, and I was thinking about lying down again, he decided to go on a walk with Lilli and Ethan. But all I needed was to lay on something soft (all our pillows) so after a 10 minute lag, Dylan and Eva and I decided to try to catch up with Daddy. I had the camera so.....










We watched a movie to go to sleep, poor Bruce was so tired that he couldn't sleep without quiet and since the kids were still awake..... needless to say, we were all sleeping fitfully.





Our air mattress wouldn't stay inflated, yes, I know it's a cop-out to take an air mattress, but if it makes anyone feel better, we didn't sleep very well!










Eva took the picture of Bruce and I.










Gotta do marshmellows!










Dinner was yummy; Bruce put taters, carrots and beef tips in foil packets and threw it in the fire, everyone ate it up!





This was 1 of 2 crazy little rock-water slides.








Bruce loved the rope swing!


































Eva tried the rope swing... once.














What a View!










Our Campsite!









A tiny cave-spring in the garden!






Free butterfly garden for visitors!





Map!

7 comments:

Hopewell Family said...

Wow really looks like you guys had a great time. Did everyone sleep in the same tent?

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Holy cow what a vacation! We are DEFINITLY going to have to go there sometime!!!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

nicolle said...

Holy fun in pools Batman! Was that in Texas?! Thank you for the pictures! Gracias por hablar conmigo esta noche, siempre me hace bueno hablar con mi hermanita mayor. Los amo

elisa said...

Yes, we all slept in the same tent. I wanted to sleep in a separate tent but Bruce said I was crazy. I have never been camping with babies, much less my own.
Krause Springs is in Texas! I will repost Bruce's swing on the rope, it's pretty funny.

J D C and N said...

it looks like you guys had a fabulous time! I am so happy you got to have such a fun family vacation.

Mackenzie. said...

Aw. HOW PRECIOUS IS THIS!
And that picture of Ethan with the mashhhh... well, it looks like Chris --shirtless, dark, and with silly shorts.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Looks like an awesome trip!! I can't believe that's in TX!!! How cool :)