Haircuts and Conference!

We wrote down some of the things that stood out to us, and it was a beautiful moment when Bruce pulled me over to him and kissed, hugged me and told me he loved me. The kids were pretty good for the first session, went off and played during the second session.


Conf. was amazing! The one about mothers who know, slapped me upside the head! She said 'mothers wash the dishes, do laundry, and clean the house'!
Auugghh! What?!
I had to take a step back and tell myself ; ' it's true'!
I love a clean house and don't mind cleaning but I hate picking up after little crazy piggies who destroy everything in sight!! oKay, I'm done.
I love my kids and honestly, I'd rather hug and play with my kids than spend all day cleaning, so think whatever you want, but I am trying and I don't need to feel guilty about not having an immaculate home!
Sorry, guess that's a sore spot for me!
I can't help but think we need alot less stuff in our home, maybe that would make cleaning up easier and less time-consuming. Holla back!
Lilli's goofy grin, so cute!
Grandpa Hopewell came over and went to the priesthood session with my Bruce. It was really nice of him to come over, it made us feel so loved and important! He was telling the kids a nice story when we took this picture.




The boys' first day in preschool! They were crazy! It was really fun. The boys could have been better but they eventually calmed down and participated.



Wrestling!


I think dylan looks so old in this picture! It is my favorite look on him! Ethan calls it his 'triangle hair'!

I wanted to show some new haircut pics of the boys (who says they can't be stylish?)



Well, this weekend has been fun! Crazy busy, but fun!



And great sunday that we had; we listened only to Sunday 'cause we were too wrapped up in ourselves. Me trying to sell some jewelry (lost money there, big surprise) and Bruce doing a radio spot for his job that took all morning. So Saturday was kinda a loss till about 4:30 pm. Then it got much better cause we both focused on things that are important; our family and our spirituality.

7 comments:

Hopewell Family said...

When the kids were small I used to get upset about messy bedrooms. Then one day I learned to shut doors and things kinda got better.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

dad says that now...but i'm not sure he ever learned to just shut the door--haha. Anyways, I feel the same way you do. Even when our house is clean, it's still cluttered! ugh! But yeah, mothers who know.... :)

J D C and N said...

So I would much rather play than clean! But yes, her talk stuck with me too. I've been trying to change my attitude- just because I don't want to clean doesn't mean that it isn't worth doing and that I can't take pride in an organized and clean home....it will take a LONG while but I'm trying. :)

The hairdos are great!

Tyler Fam said...

So....glad to know that I wasn't the only one who felt a sting during "Mother's Who Know!" However, I love the poem: Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!" Neither do toddlers, kids, or teenagers for that matter!!

elisa said...

Thank you for the comments! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!
By the way, all of you are amazing moms! Besides, I know I'm the only one who needs to clean blood and poop off of stuff. I hate carpet!

Mackenzie. said...

Haha. Your kids are so stinkin' cute. I can't stand it man.
And Willis told me he stopped by,
and that made me so happy and love him so much for being such a sweet boy. He said it was really fun, and
that at one point the boys and he
were being really rowdy.

Kelli said...

I agree about the immaculate house. I have other things to do, plus who wants their house to feel like a sterile hospital or a museum?