President Hinkley

I'm sure everyone knows but I wanted to post that President Hinkley passed away last night at home, with his family around him.
My friend Sa called me to tell me.
My kids were all asleep except for Lilli and Bruce had just gotten home from home teaching.
He was stunned when I told him and we hugged and talked about it for a while.
I was a little apprehensive just because of the whole death comes in 3's thing,
but Bruce promptly told me that hundreds, maybe thousands of people die everyday, maybe every minute. I guess I didn't think of it that way.
Anyway, this isn't about me,
So for anyone who is feeling upset; keep praying and know that President Hinkley is fine and with his Wife. He loves us and I know he's praying for us. I know that we will be ok if we stay on the path and ask for strength and comfort.
I love you all and if you need to talk, please call me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

When I got the text message from Caroline Sunday night, I too was stunned for some reason. I don't know why we all were so shocked that President Hinckley could actually die. He was almost a superhero, wasn't he? Because he was the prophet when I first started actually gaining a testimony, I feel so paternally toward him. And yet, I know he's finally with his wife again, and encompassed with joy. I know that I'll come to love President Monson just as much, but I'll miss President Hinckley's fire so much.