New goals!

Is there such a thing as NEW goals? Do you ever find yourself repeating the same goals because last year you never reached them? YUP. So I don't really have any new goals, they are all old ones;
Stop yelling at my kids.
Exercise daily.
Take some useful classes.
Do something kind for someone each day.
Spend more time teaching the kids good stuff.
Less TV.
Make more creative stuff (with the current supplies I already have).
Get my house more organized.
Read scriptures 3 times a day.
Go to bed and get up earlier.
More plants in my garden.


So besides the overly ambitious goals; Bruce already got us a membership at the Rec. Center. I have not yet gone. My excuse for today was that Ethan threw up this morning. I was too tired anyway....

But, I got on a friend's favorite blog;

http://theblackapple.typepad.com/inside_a_black_apple/

and I obviously noticed how talented she was, and seems very sweet.
What blew me away, was that she was happily making a living, making pretty things for other people to enjoy.
That has got to be a dream fulfilled for some, maybe most. I wonder if I would like it. I really love teaching the kids (preschool) to be inquisitive, experiment and to be artfully creative. I get flustered when the kids don't want to participate (mostly my boys) but I really do enjoy introducing these concepts and watching them explore.
Does that mean I should try harder to be a teacher?
Anyway, I am making jewelry currently and I'm actually happy with the results, but I love new ideas so shoot some of your favorite jewelry my way and let me see if I can recreate it at a lower cost. I will post more new pics asap.
I would really like another creative outlet. Maybe not so expensive? That probably doesn't exist, does it?
Probably not paper crafting *sigh*. I can't make it look clean and nice!!
Maybe something else.





8 comments:

Jeni said...

You definitely have a talent for jewelry making. Stick with whatever you do well! I love the bottom picture of earrings and the necklace. I really like those colors! Great job!

Jeni said...

Umm, now that I read that it sounds weird. Of course you should always try new things, I just meant that I hope you don't give up jewelry for something else! Even if you don't do something really well but it's still fun, then do it anyway! Nobody's waiting to give you a grade on it or judge it! Do what makes you happy!

Kelli said...

Ah, I love the Black Apple. Pretty jewelry, I especially like the last set.

Mackenzie. said...

Photography man! DUHHH. I'll show ya the ropes and everything. Its the funnest, and most rewarding thing I think you could do. And its free (if don't have to replace a camera, yet again). And its free to share with everyone. So!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I understand about the cost! I'd love to get into some things but $$ keeps me FAR from it! I love your jewlery!!! I wear mine every chance I get! (YES, I'm wearing it!!!) :) LOVE YOU!
Good goals..I need to adapt some of those...especially the yelling..I'msooo bad about that!

Bobette said...

Very cute! I have to tell you the set you gave me when we moved to Utah - I love very much. I left the earings at my mom and dad's and went back to visit and found my mom wearing them. Needless to say that she loves them too, but I couldn't let her keep them.

J D C and N said...

Man I know what you mean about doing the same goals over and over. I guess what matters most is that we keep trying and not quit. I checked out blog you have listed and she does have fun stuff! And Elisa, I do love your jewelry. Keep it up girl!

Bittles said...

Elisa, sorry to post this on your blog, but the emails I send you keep getting sent back to me, I just wanted to remind you that we are getting together to do projects tomorrow night and would love to have you come (and anybody else in TX--sorry Bobette!) Also The jewelry is amazing! You are so creative!